Charlie and I got to go to Vegas for a couple of days last week...a much needed getaway! We slept in, shopped, swam, and went preschool shopping. (and Charlie was even a great sport about all of the preschool stuff) We were excited to go to the temple, and then it was closed for cleaning. Then we went to our favorite buffet at the Mirage, and realized that Phantom was playing across the street at the Venetian. We walked over just because we were curious about the price of tickets. Well...when we got there, we decided to be spontaneous and buy tickets. It was so worth it!! We loved it! It was the best production of it that I have seen. The sets and technology were amazing. Afterwards, Charlie tried to get a picture of the chandelier to show everyone, and all of the sudden this woman comes running to us, and demands to see our camera. She was freaking out that we had to delete whatever pictures we had taken. I showed her the one and only of the chandelier and told her I would delete it. Just as I pushed the button, she said that it would be OK for us to keep it after all. I was so mad it was gone already. She was nice after that and said they had to be careful because the Phantom Guild had been cracking down on them for letting people take pictures. Who knew there was a Phanton Guild and that it was nearly a felony to take a picture? Well, the rebels in us took one more picture of the theater where she couldn't see us (the dark one that you can't see very well). I guess that's as wild and crazy as we get in Vegas, but we sure had fun!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Phantom in Vegas
Posted by Sarah at 2:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so jealous that you got to go to this show! I'm glad it was worth the money, though. Maybe I'll talk Greg into it someday. You really deserved this getaway, even though I wish I could have tagged along!
(Yay for finally posting again!!!)
That is such a great story! Way to be spontaneous! I bet you got tons of cute stuff in Vegas! Ginny called while we were out of town. She wants to get together and chat school. Maybe you've already gotten together? Who knows? But, I would love to hang with you guys and get pumped for this fast approaching school year! Call me:)
P.S. Congratulations on getting a new post up!
Post a Comment