Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Finally Won!!




A couple of years ago (so long ago that I can't remember when exactly) Stephanie talked me into entering a font contest. I was going to pay to get my own font so I figured it couldn't hurt. The end of the contest came, and I never heard anything. I never really thought about it again. Then a few months ago, I was looking at some fonts online, and I saw a font that looked like my handwriting and even had the same name that I had named mine: CK Everyday. I thought it was crazy, but I didn't realize it was mine until Renee pointed out that the name of the designer was me! I was totally freaking out! I was so excited that I couldn't see straight, and I was dying that I had actually won something. I started calling the company because I just wanted someone to tell me that yes, I had won...no response. I kind of gave up again. Then fast-forward to a few weeks ago. Lisa called me and told me about a keynote and crop with Lisa Bearnson (she's basically the queen of scrapbooking...started Creating Keepsakes magazine, etc.) We decided to go, and on the drive up, I decided to try to get a picture with Lisa Bearnson, and see if she would just tell me I won. Then last night, I actually got to meet her. Lisa G. and I were so excited and nervous we had butterflies in our stomachs- we were meeting a celebrity!! (Maddie compared it to getting to meet Hannah Montana) She was so humble and gracious! She couldn't understand why I wasn't contacted, and she asked me for all of my information...maybe she'll send me something! :) I really only needed her to say congratulations. It was just so neat! The whole night was great; it was about the book "Stargirl". The book is awesome, and is about being yourself. What an inspirational night! I left more grateful for my friends and family and motivated to be myself no matter what anyone else thinks...and grateful to finally feel like I won! So if you see little bags of change left for you, or pebbles in my Happy Jar, or Smiley Face cookies, you'll know that I am trying to be like Stargirl. Read the book; it's wonderful!



P.S. Lisa Bearnson did Stargirl Alerts during her talk just to give a little shout-out to those in her life who she looks up to and loves. Maybe I'll start doing my own now. So here's my own Stargirl Alert: LISA G. We only lived in the same town for about two and a half years, but have stayed close for the last ten years in spite of living on different ends of the state. She would do anything for you (as in driving 5 hours at the drop of a hat to help you lay the floor down in your preschool), and she goes above and beyond for everything. I am so grateful to have a friend that even though we don't see each other that often, when we do, it seems like I just saw her yesterday. What would I do without you? I love you, Lis!

6 comments:

J Fo said...

Yay! You've always been a winner to me, Sar. I love your face in those pics; you just look delighted! Do you have a copy of that book? I would love to read it.
p.s. Where's a pic of you and your "new" wedding pic at Mom & Dad's house? :)

Renee said...

Yay!! You were finally recognized for your font and by the right person too!! I am glad you are having fun!!

Charise said...

Yeah! You won! I love it! Your handwriting is so dang cute! I love it! We need to get together soon! :)

lisa said...

You are busted! I was already to go to church and now I have to go re-do my make-up! Thanks so much for those nice things you said about me, not sure they are true but,thanks!I love you and thanks for a fun night! Lisa

Jennw6kids said...

Oh yay, I am so glad they finally gave you a little recognition!! Maybe they will send you some awesome goodies!! Lisa, sounds like one in a million, your very lucky to have her!!

Steph said...

That's awesome! I'd like to think I had a small part in the victory! I can't wait to read STARGIRL!