Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One Last Hurrah!




Charlie had to go back to school on August 4th, and since the kids and I didn't have plans, we went up north to play for a few days before school. We went with my Mom and my niece Jaden up to This Is The Place Heritage Village. The kids had so much fun, and my mom and I were thrilled that we didn't have to fight the crowds. One of the favorites was washing clothes on a wash board and getting new wash water from the well. And this mom's favorite quote was, "I love to do chores!" That anonymous child does not think that now that we are home, unless, he clarifed, it is outside chores. The kids got to ride a real horse and loved it (mostly). Liv even got to ride alone. They also got to ride a big and little train. I wish that I had had my camera ready when the little train came out of the little tunnel, because the looks of joy on Jaden's and Olivia's faces were priceless.

The other exciting event was Hayden losing his first tooth. One afternoon he told me that his tooth was loose, but he has been saying that for three years. This time it actually was! It was probably about half way there, but when all of us girls got back from getting cute nails and toes for the wedding, Hayden's tooth was out...but lost. The story was a little sketchy, but here's the gist: he "bonked" his face on the counter, then later he was eating something and felt something hard in his mouth. He pulled out his tooth and dropped it on the floor. So Papa and all of his sisters grabbed flashlights and started looking...just like CSI! Papa found it with his knee, and everyone was so excited! And the tooth fairy even found him in Highland! I still don't know how that tooth got out so quick and without a bit of blood! He is sure a big boy now!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

J Fo said...

Wasn't it fun to get away for a while. I'm sad to get back to the routine, though.