Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Livvie's and Charlie's Birthday!


Yesterday was a big day in our family. It was Olivia's 3rd birthday (and she's nice enough to share it with her daddy). We had a fun day: playing with our cousin McKinley, swimming at the new pool in Washington, and going out to dinner. They also got some fun presents...a lot of princess stuff for Olivia, and a George Forman grill for Charlie. Sidney got her dad's hopes up though because she thought the big box for Dad was a smoker...and if you know Charlie, you are totally sick of him talking about how much he needs a smoker! He is excited for the grill, despite the smoker letdown.














Livvie didn't understand exactly when the actual birthday was because her party was today. She was so excited for her ladybug party...once we talked her out of a Belle party. Those kids were so stinkin' cute! It was a fun party, and she just loved it! How could anyone resist seven 3-year-olds in ladybug anntenae?
Our family would not be the same without these two; they seem to always be the "life of the party". They are also at both ends of our family- the youngest and the oldest. Charlie is the calming force in our family (he knows how to chill us all out when we need it) and the one that makes us laugh. I am so grateful after being married for as long as we have been that he can still make me laugh so dang hard. Plus, he puts up with me (obviously he is a brave, patient man). And Livvie, she is so full of sass and spunk. We never know what to expect from her or what she will be into. Her smile can make you melt, and she knows that it's hard to be angry or frustrated with her when she smiles at you.
Our family's "bookends", Charlie and Olivia, definitely make us complete! We love you!

8 comments:

J Fo said...

You're background is super cute! That party was really fun. I still think I want a ladybug cake for my birthday, too!

That 101 list that we did was a time commitment, but it was fun. Mark and Stacy started it and I think a lot of the Foleys will do it. (You should look at Mark and Stacy's...interesting.) I was actually shocked that Greg did it. (I think it was because his brother called him out to do it.) I think you should do it, too! Can you imagine what Charlie would come up with if you could get him to do it?!

Steph said...

Okay! Apparently my help is no longer needed! This all looks GREAT! H.B. to the bookends!

The Johnson Family said...

Yeah you're back in blogland! I love being able to keep up this way. Cute Cute family!
I guess it is okay to let the word out now, but we are moving to Indiana. Matt just got a job and we'll be moving pretty quickly. Blogs will be a great way to bridge the distance, I'm hoping!

Jennw6kids said...

Ok love the new back ground so cute!! And the pictures, I love them they are awesome!! The party looked great so dang cute!!

Charise said...

Livvie is so cute! I hope her and Charlie had a great birthday! We need to go swimming in a few weeks! :) I'll have to give you a call when I'm back in town!

J Fo said...

You should go swimming with Charise on a friday so Emmy and I can come down, too!

J Fo said...

What is the new site you found for cute backgrounds? I'm feeling ready for a change. (Just comment back here and it will email me your answer...or you could call me!)

Steph said...

Ummm, you are killing me with the neglect of this blog. Come on Sarah!