Charlie and Dave Biasi with their trophies
The scouts in our ward had a Spaghetti Sauce Challenge as a fundraiser, and from the very beginning Charlie was excited. The quote that I heard over and over was, "I'm in it to win it!" I don't know how nice I was after hearing that a million times. He called my mom to get her recipe (which she had had translated from an old italian cookbook), and even took time off of work to get it started that day. I had to drop it off at the church for the judging, but I told them it was my husband's. Later at the dinner when they got to awards, they announced that Sister Kerr had won. Charlie was not going to let me take his prize...he jumped to his feet and yelled that it was his and cheered for himself. The other winners seemed to take their trophy a little bit quieter, but no one was as excited to win as he was. Everyone loved his sauce, and we all loved how thrilled he was that he won. Now the kids are wondering if Dad is going to be famous. He's teasing them that he is on his way, and I think that he might have himself convinced now too. So maybe you'll see him on the Food Network someday...who knows?!? Come visit soon; he'll probably make you some spaghetti and show you his trophy (which is in a prominent place in our house, of course).

4 comments:
. When are you inviting us over so we can sample this award winning sauce? It looks sooooo good. Way to go Charlie! Hilarious too! K, I am super hungry right now. I think I'm gonna go fix myself some spaghetti!
Hey this is andrea! wow,good for him! That is a lot of spaghetti! miss the ward, be back someday:) Enjoy your summer!
I particularly like the misspelling on the trophy. Who knew he made such great "spageheti" sauce?! If you had a mantle it would totally be up there!
So when can we come over and taste this masterpiece? Just kidding, but I am glad that I have your blog now so we can see your cute family all the time. Please do call when you come visit the fam and we'll do 7 peaks again. Only this time I hope we don't encounter any "code browns" in the kiddie pool again!
Post a Comment