Monday, May 12, 2008


Yesterday was Mother's Day, and it was wonderful! My family got me recordable cards: one that said how much I deserved peace and quiet, and then had their screams recorded; and one from my husband that had the song that they sang when we were engaged, "Sh-boom! Sh-boom! Life would be a dream sweetheart..." It was perfect. The best part was that when Nancy and I opened our cards, the kids and Charlie danced to them for us. We were laughing so hard! Charlie made dinner for us, and we had his mom and dad and brother over for dinner. So nice to not have to make dinner (not that he doesn't make dinner a lot of the time anyway though--what a great guy!) In spite of having sick kids yesterday, and getting a new calling, yesterday was great! I am so blessed to have such awesome kids and a great husband. As much as I feel like motherhood is going to drive me crazy, I also consider it one of my greatest blessings. Here's one of my favorite quotes that describes my thoughts exactly: "In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul." I don't know if it would make sense to anyone other than another mom, but it is my life exactly. My wonderful, crazy life!

9 comments:

J Fo said...

That puts a different spin on "dinner and a dance!" I wish I could have been there. If it was anything like the 'sunrise, sunset' dance I know I really missed out!

Sarah said...

Jess, It wasn't quite as good as "Sunrise, Sunset", but pretty good. Just imagine more funky. You should have been there. Livvie got in on the action too. She's got herself some new moves. All I can say is WOW.

Charise said...

You are such a great mom! I hope you had a great mother's day! I'm glad you have a blog! :)

Steph said...

Sounds like an overall AWESOME day! You deserve it girl!

Amber Culp Family said...

jWelcome to the land of blog. So fun! I am glad I can take peeks into your cute families life. Our blog is www.culpfamily.blogspot.com

Steph said...

UGHHHHH!!!! Let's see a new post!

Anonymous said...

cuties

Anonymous said...

love to see her little slit under her nappy

Anonymous said...

c it I want to lick it!