Saturday, May 16, 2009

Preschool is over :(

I really can't believe this was our last week! It's been crazy, and I'm so grateful for a patient, helpful husband. I still need to get my DVD's fixed (so frustrating--I'm going to learn to do this myself) and delivered though. I'm really going to miss those kids. I walked downstairs tonight, and really was overwhelmed with gratitude. I love being able to teach, and stay at home with my kids. I truly feel like I have the best job in the world! (I know some of you might think you have the best job, but do you get snacks and get to play?)

My exciting preschool news is that I just got a delivery from UPS...ZooPhonics! I know that not many of you think that's too cool, but I am dying! It was an expensive endeavor, but I think it will be such a great addition to my curriculum. Summer camp is my chance to play with ZooPhonics. Thank goodness for summer camp, because Livvie and I are at a loss when our preschool friends don't come over.

Here are a couple of cute pictures from our End of Year Program and our water party, and the poem these awesome kids memorized.

Now I know my ABCs, colors, shapes, and days,

I've learned some poems, sang some songs, rhymes and fingerplays.

I played outside on sunny days, and inside when it rained.

My little hands and little feet were busy everyday.

My teacher was Miss Sarah. We kept her on her toes.

She combed my hair, tied my shoes, and even wiped my nose! (very funny to 3 & 4 year olds)

But now it's time to say goodbye to all my preschool friends.

School is over; summer's here, but learning never ends!

3 comments:

J Fo said...

That's really sweet. Did you write that poem? You're such a great teacher and those kids were lucky to have you!

Happy Hausmans said...

You are such an amazing woman! Your love of teaching spills over into ever aspect of your life. As I have worked with teachers in the public school system for the past nine years, I have OFTEN thought to myself "if this teacher loved teaching like Sarah does this child would respond in a totally different way!" You are impacting the future in a positive and lasting way! Thanks for sharing your love for life and learning with the rest of us! It is an honor to know you. Enjoy those Zoo Phonics!!!!

Happy Hausmans said...

P.S. Posting to a blog at 1:30 a.m.! Are you crazy?!?! Never mind I already know the answer to that question. Get some sleep girlfriend!