Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hayden is 6 ...and a cowboy!

My little boy is 6 years old, and I don't know how it happened! He had a great birthday! He got some way cool presents: digital camera, legos, and cowboy stuff galore. We don't know where he got it from, but he is a cowboy at heart. Rachel (Mike's new wife) has horses, and took Hayden on a horse ride in January. Hayden absolutely loved it, and was completely comfortable on Disco Dude. We went one more time before Rachel and Mike's wedding, and Rachel taught Hayden how to use the reins, brush the horse, and walk him. Hayden was in heaven! He's told everyone that he can "drive" a horse now. So when his birthday came a few days later, he was thrilled to get a real cowboy belt, Wranglers, and real boots and spurs. It was so neat to see how excited and grateful he was. He told us he can't wait to show the horse his new stuff. He really is a sweet little cowboy! Here's some of my favorite things about this awesome boy:
*He is sensitive to how others are feeling, and tries to help if you're sad or upset.
*He loves his sisters (most of the time), and is very protective of them.
*He is a hard worker...if it's outside work. This boy would sweep out the entire garage or the whole driveway if you wanted him to.
*He loves spending time with his dad, and wants to be just like him. Man, can they build some awesome lego creations!
*He loves school and learning.
*He will follow rules, and do what he is supposed to-no matter what!
In such a girly house, he stands his own. I love when he tells his dad that he needs boys club, and that they stick together. Even though I'm pretty much a girly mom, I am so blessed to have this one boy of mine. I can't imagine our life without our "super-hero-cowboy-cop" little boy!
We love you Hayden!!

4 comments:

J Fo said...

Oh...my little cowboy is all grown up! It's crazy how time flies. I remember when you had him 2 months after we were married and I walked over to the hospital to be there with you. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. I've always had a special place in my heart for this litle guy.

Hayden- STOP GROWING!!! Love ya!

lisa said...

Hayden- We really enjoy you too. You are such a fun little guy for Nathan to play with. I hope you guys can always stick together because you are both kinda surrounded by GIRLS! Keep ridin' Cowboy! Love, "Aunt Lisa"

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little guy!!! Zack thinks he is the greatest! What a fun looking birthday party! We are so glad to know your family!!!

Nancy said...

Sarah what a beautiful family you have. It is so good to see you. I am new to facebook, but I was just thinking yesterday that I was going to try and look you up. Then thanks to Jill voila' there you were. You look georgous as ever! Looks like you guys are doing well. I would love to see you next time you make it home.